More Links to Psychedelic Sites
New links are added at the top.
- Maps of the Mind — John Andrew's psychedelic blog
- Bernardo Kastrup: What Neuroimaging of the Psychedelic State Tells Us about the Mind-Body Problem
Recent neuroimaging studies of the psychedelic state have ... been reviewed and their results found to be non-trivial to reconcile with ... generic implications of physicalism. This suggests that (a) ... (b) ... or (c) neuroimaging studies of the psychedelic state will render physicalism untenable as a metaphysical option for resolving the mind-body problem.
These neuroimaging studies are the nail in the coffin of the pernicious dogma of physicalism.
- Peter Sjöstedt-H: Antichrist Psychonaut: Nietzsche’s Psychoactive Drugs
- At philosopher Peter Sjöstedt-H's website see Some philosophical texts on psychedelics and philosophy, including:
- Patrick Lundborg: Note Towards a Definition of a Psychedelic Philosophy (2014)
- Nicolas Langlitz: Is There a Place for Psychedelics in Philosophy? (2016)
- The Lycæum
The Lycæum is committed to supplying honest and unbiased information about all aspects of visionary plants, fungi, and chemicals; as well as providing a virtual meeting place for members of the online psychedelic community.
- 'Special K' could relieve depression
- Unlocking the Doors of Perception: Neural Networks, Object Recognition, and Psychedelics
- Diana Slattery's Psychedelics & Language, with information about her 2015 book Xenolinguistics: Psychedelics, Language, and the Evolution of Consciousness
- Seedscanner — a website powered by machine elves and intended to make all the world's cannabis seed information universally available.
- Good-bye Sasha: Legendary Chemist Alexander Shulgin Dies at 88
- Zamnesia — lots of interesting information about psychedelics, and products to purchase (you can pay with Bitcoin).
- GaiaMedia on YouTube — lots of videos of renowned scholars and researchers in the field of Psychedelic Studies
- Sam Harris: Drugs and the Meaning of Life
While human beings have ingested plant-based psychedelics for millennia, scientific research on these compounds did not begin until the 1950’s. By 1965, a thousand studies had been published, primarily on psilocybin and LSD, many of which attested to the usefulness of psychedelics in the treatment of clinical depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), alcohol addiction, and the pain and anxiety associated with terminal cancer. Within a few years, however, this entire field of research was abolished in an effort to stem the spread of these drugs among the general public. After a hiatus that lasted an entire generation, scientific research on the pharmacology and therapeutic value of psychedelics has quietly resumed.
- Vanessa Grigoriadis (New York Magazine, 2013-04-07): Travels in the New Psychedelic Bazaar — Very interesting.
- Taras Grescoe (The Globe and Mail, 2013-01-18): High hopes: Why science is seeking a pardon for psychedelics
Rather the "pardon" should be sought by the U.S. govt., the DEA and all the mentally twisted and benighted "drug warriors" for depriving humanity for half a century of valuable tools for use in psychotherapy, as well as for depriving individuals who wish to use psychedelic substances to further their spiritual development of the opportunity to do so without fear of being arrested and locked up.
- Eight Bizarre Drugs and the Cultures That Use Them
- SHAMANIC EXTRACTS
- Teafaerie's column on Erowid.
- Kat Harrison: The Leaves of the Shepherdess
In the Mexican shamanic tradition Salvia divinorum is known as “La Pastora”, the Shepherdess.
- Kat Harrison's Botanical Dimensions
Botanical Dimensions is a non-profit organization that has been doing good work with plants for over twenty-five years. BD is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt entity, founded in California in 1985. The original mission was “to collect, protect, propagate and understand plants of ethno-medical significance and their lore.” We do all that and more. We work to preserve biodiversity, respecting natural ecosystems and traditions of ecological knowledge. We appreciate, study, and educate others about plants and mushrooms that are felt to be significant to cultural integrity and spiritual well-being.
- About Karl Jansen's book Ketamine: Dreams and Realities.
- A review by Tom Roberts of three books about MDMA, DMT and ketamine.
Considered together, DMT [by Rick Strassman], Ketamine [by Karl Jansen], and In Search of the Ultimate High [by Nicholas Saunders et al.] exemplify approaches to an expanded paradigm for the psychology of religion. In addressing the question What are the religious implications of entheogens? the authors of these books point in new directions and illustrate new research models for exploring the mind and religion.
- Sacred Plants "aims to provide information, videos, articles, lectures and interviews gathered from the public domain and other sources about entheogens and their uses in ancient and modern culture."
- The Cottonwood Research Foundation
- Gaian Botanicals, “your source for high quality ethnobotanicals, herbs and teas.”
- Being a Psychedelic Shaman or Hallucinogenic Magick in Theory and Practice
- Entheogenesis Australis is organizing a Psychedelic Symposium for the 4th and 5th of December, 2011, at The University of Melbourne
- The Teleomorph — documenting the entheogenic reformation
- Peter Webster: Commentary on William Braden's Mescaline Experience
- John Tierney, New York Times: Hallucinogens Have Doctors Tuning In Again
After forty years. Forty years wasted!
- Gaia Media Foundation
Their monthly newsletter always has links to interesting articles about psychedelics, such as this one:
- Teafaerie: The Children of Prometheus
- David Luke: What Happens When We Die?
- Guardian UK, 2009-10-11: The rise and rise of legal highs
- The Beckley Foundation, with several interesting Reports
- Brainwaving.com — Consciousness, Creativity and the Quest for Human Happiness
- Stanislav Grof: 2012 and Human Destiny — End of the World or Consciousness Revolution?
- Dr. K.L.R. Jansen:
- A review of the non-medical use of ketamine: part 1: use, users and consequences
- Ketamine and Quantum Psychiatry
- BLUELIGHT — interesting message boards
- Jim DeKorne: The Cracking Tower
- Michael Hoffman:
- The Entheogen Theory of Religion and Ego Death
- Competing Views about Entheogens in Religious History
- Three Generations of Psychonauts
- Bruce Eisner: Psychedelic Culture An Interview with Terence Mckenna
- R.C. Parker: The Use of Entheogens in the Vajrayana Tradition: a brief summary of preliminary findings together with a partial bibliography
- World Psychedelic Forum, March 21-24, 2008, Basel
Psychedelics have been widely used for thousands of years nearly everywhere on the planet. Psychoactive plants have been central to most ancient sacred rituals and primitive medical treatments. They have been worshipped in all cultures as "Plants of the Gods" and considered as mediators between human beings and the universe, linking the physical to the spiritual dimensions of existence.
- Psychedelic Salon
- Shaman Australis Community
- Eric Cunningham: Ecstatic Treks in the Demon Regions: Zen and the Satori of the Psychedelic Experience
- Thomas B. Roberts: Chemical Input, Religious Output — Entheogens: A Pharmatheology Sampler (MS Word file)
- Daniel Pinchbeck's Breaking Open the Head
While psychedelics are demonized and repressed in the US today, the visionary compounds found in plants are the spiritual sacraments of tribal cultures around the world. From the Bwiti in Gabon to the Secoya in Ecuador, the psychedelic plants are sacred because they awaken the mind to other levels of awareness. They are gateways to a spiritual — or multi-dimensional, or holographic — vision of the universe.
- Deprenyl/Selegiline — an MAO-inhibitor
- The website of Dr Christian Rätsch and Dr Claudia Müller-Ebeling is here, with information about their many books and articles, plus a few pics and notices of upcoming events.
- The Trip Receptacles
Imagine that you had unfettered access to nine hours of commercial-free airtime on a major FM radio station with a 60,000 watt signal covering a third of California. What kind of material would you broadcast? Well, what else? Why, you'd enthusiastically promote the extensive use of powerful psychedelic drugs, obviously!
- The Psychedelic Library
- Antonio Melechi: Doors of perception
- The Psychedelic [in] Society: A Brief Cultural History of Tripping
- Jay Stevens: The Door in the Wall
Psychedelics in the 1950s. An excerpt from Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream
- Ralph Metzner's Green Earth Foundation, with:
- Psychedelic, Psychoactive and Addictive Drugs and States of Consciousness
- Hallucinogenic Drugs and Plants in Psychotherapy and Shamanism
- The Re-Unification of the Sacred and the Natural
- Diary of a Psychonaut
Sections on LSD, Mushrooms, 2CB, MDMA, Salvia and DMT (and lots of interesting trip reports by someone who can write).
- Clandestine Drug Chemistry
- Ride Sally, Ride — Dan Eden on Salvia Divinorum (plus trip reports from alt.drugs.salvia).
- Kristen Philipkoski:
- Ask Dr. Shulgin Online
- Russ McClay's Tao Lodge
- Psychedelics Reimagined
- El mundo enteógeno — "The world of entheogens" (in Spanish).
- Website of the London Toxicology Group
- The Center for Cognitive Liberty and Ethics has an Entheogens and Drug Policy Project.
As part of the CCLE's mission to foster cognitive liberty, the CCLE has developed the Entheogen and Drug Policy Project to encourage public education and policy reform with regard to entheogens and other psychoactive drugs.
- psychedelicadventures.com, the website for Tripping: An Anthology of True-Life Psychedelic Adventures
- Nick Sandberg: The Role of Entheogens in the Creation of The Bible
- Bouncing Bear Botanicals
Suppliers of rare, sacred and exotic plants, seeds and entheogens.
- www.totse.com has an interesting section on Drugs.
- The Drugs Index — a very nicely organized (and nice to look at) site with links to many psychedelics-related sites.
- Twelve Constellations of the Girdle of Gaia and The True Hallucinogens
- Ego Death and Self-Control Cybernetics
This website presents "Block Universe Determinism", an interesting theory, but one which proceeds from a false assumption, namely, that the future already exists.
- The Literature of Psychedelics
- The Quiet Resurgence of Psychedelic Compounds as Instruments of Both Spiritual and Scientific Exploration
- Dennis J. McKenna, Ph.D.: MDMA Neurotoxicity: An Update
- Entheogen Dot — a psychedelic E-zine
- Entheogen Dot's interview with Terence McKenna
- Divine Soma Experiment
- Built for Speed?Methamphetamine has reclaimed a place in the lexicon of "party" drugs. Hailed by nocturnal adventurers, condemned by raver idealists, is speed a sleepless dream or an addictive nightmare?
- The Responsible Parent's Guide to Healthy Mood-Boosters for All the Family
- * PLANTS OF POWER *
A six-part BBC radio series about mind-altering drugs in nature and culture
- High Times Magazine
- Salvia Divinorum Growers Guide
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Ronin Books
- High.ru — for all those who read Russian.
- The Entheogenic Internet — This includes: Businesses — Support your local dealer!
- Mind Books "... a mail-order book store focused on the 'mind-expanding' plants and compounds, also called psychedelics, entheogens, or hallucinogens."
- The Church of Gnostic Luminism
- Smart Botanics
- The Dextromethorphan FAQ
- The Rainbow Family web site
- R. Gordon Wasson: Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico
A lengthy monograph with information about psilocybin mushrooms, morning glory seeds, peyote, Salvia divinorum and other psychoactive plants.
- Psychedelic Screen Saver
- Claude Rifat: GAMMA-OH (Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate): The First Authentic Anti-Depressant
- The Drug Library includes the Schaffer Library of Drug Policy and the Psychedelic Library
- The Heffter Institute
Research at the Frontiers of the Mind
- Nicholas Saunders 1938 - 1998
- Nicholas Saunders: The Spiritual Uses of Psychoactives — a book still in progress at the time of the author's death.
- ecstasy.org — dedicated to Nicholas Saunders.
- Confessions From The Golden Flower
This site is dedicated to the Goddess and the erotic experiences and fantasies her many plant teachers inspire.
- Multidisciplinary Association For Psychedelic Studies
MAPS focuses on the development of beneficial, socially-sanctioned uses of psychedelic drugs and marijuana.
- Paul DeRienzo, Dana Beal et al.: The Ibogaine Story
- The Island Group
The group ... focuses on the discussion of new ideas including new psychedelic compounds, virtual reality, utopian community, the "new physics", brain machines, multi-media, [and] techno-shamanism.
- Salvia divinorum — unraveling the fabric of reality.
- Nitrous Oxide: the FAQ
- An Entheogen Chrestomathy from the Council on Spiritual Practices (CSP).
- Intrepid Trips — Further!
- Erowid Entheogen Vaults has sections on various drugs and sections on ethics and spiritual practice. A good site to get a feel for just how natural, right and just, a psychedelic view of the world is.
Psychedelics A Psychedelics Reading List Prohibition: The So-Called War on Drugs Serendipity Home Page