There are two terrorist states in the world which have nuclear weapons, the USA and Israel. Both are clear and present dangers to the entire planet. The greater threat is Israel, because Israel can destroy Western civilization and possibly make the entire planet uninhabitable. This is not because Israel can detonate thousands of nukes over the entire planet. Rather it is because Israel can nuke Russia. If that were to happen (perhaps as a result of an Israeli nuclear strike on Iran) then Russia would launch a nuclear attack against the United States (both the US and Russia remain on hair-trigger nuclear alert), and the US would retaliate in the same way. This is perhaps the main reason why the US gives Israel everything it wants and never criticises it, except in the gentlest way possible. The only way out of this situation is either the destruction of Israel's nuclear weapons capability or the destruction (or at least dismantling) of Israel itelf.
So now Israel (thanks to the US, Germany and China) can lob atomic (perhaps thermonuclear) warheads on Washington, New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Moscow and Berlin. You think they wouldn't do it?
- Weapons of Mass Destruction in the Middle East: Israel
- Sophisticated nuclear weapons program with an estimated 100-200 weapons, which can be delivered by ballistic missiles or aircraft.
- Nuclear arsenal may include thermonuclear weapons.
- Strategic Israel The secret arsenal of the Jewish state
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: Proliferation: Israel
- Israel's 'Use' Of Its Nuclear Weapons Against US
- Tarek Kapiel: The Deadly Arsenal of the Rogue State
- Carol Moore: Israeli Nuclear Threats and Blackmail
- Nuclear Weapons — Israel (Also here.)
- Israel's Nuclear Weapons
Based on plausible upper and lower bounds of the operating practices at the reactor, Israel could have thus produced enough plutonium for at least 100 nuclear weapons, but probably not significantly more than 200 weapons.
- Dimona Negev Nuclear Research Center — Imagery Analysis Report
- Michael Collins Piper: Israeli Nuclear Policies Threaten World Peace
Worldwide nuclear holocaust all part of Mideast's mini-state's foreign policy, defense strategy.
- The war game — an extract from the updated edition of David Hirst's account of the Arab-Israeli conflict, The Gun and the Olive Branch.
The threatening of wild, irrational violence, in response to political pressure, has been an Israeli impulse from the very earliest days. It was first authoritatively documented, in the 1950s, by Moshe Sharett, the dovish Prime Minister, who wrote of his Defence Minister, Pinhas Lavon, that he 'constantly preached for acts of madness' or 'going crazy' if ever Israel were crossed. Without a 'just, comprehensive and lasting' peace which only America can bring to pass, Israel will remain at least as likely a candidate as Iran, and a far more enduring one, for the role of 'nuclear-crazy' state.
- Tehran Times: Plot to Recognize Israel as Only Nuclear Power in Middle East
- Mordechai Vanunu Speaks about Space Weapons and Nuclear Weapons
- AIPAC Agents Send Stolen US Nuke Technology To China?
- Bryan Zepp Jamieson: Giving away nuclear weapons
In one of the most startling developments in the middle east to date, the London Guardian revealed that the United States has provided Israel with nuclear missiles that can be launched from their Dolphin submarines.
- L.A. Times: Israel Adds Fuel to Nuclear Dispute (Page removed by the L.A. Times, but available here.)
Israel has modified American-supplied cruise missiles to carry nuclear warheads on submarines, giving the Middle East's only nuclear power the ability to launch atomic weapons from land, air and beneath the sea, according to senior Bush administration and Israeli officials.
And who supplied Israel with its three Dolphin-class submarines? Germany. And who supplied the money to pay for them? Not the US taxpayers, this time, but rather the German taxpayers (to the tune of 800 million euro).
Israel will buy two more Dolphin-class submarines from Germany, with contracts finalized next spring . Ben-Bashat broke the news at a meeting of the Navy's friendship association. The Dolphins cost $350 million apiece ... Of the original three, Germany picked up the tab for the first two and sold the third at a discount. — UPI Hears, 2004-12-13
- John Steinbach: Israel's Nuclear Capabilities
Israeli nukes are among the world's most sophisticated, largely designed for "war fighting" in the Middle East. A staple of the Israeli nuclear arsenal are "neutron bombs", miniaturized thermonuclear bombs designed to maximize deadly gamma radiation while minimizing blast effects and long term radiation — in essence designed to kill people while leaving property intact. Weapons include ballistic missiles and bombers capable of reaching Moscow.
But the situation is far from hopeless.
In fact, it's quite encouraging.
- Russia Ready to Vaporize the Jewish State, Part 1: And then kick America out of the Eastern Hemisphere's oilfields
But the threat of annihilation (theirs and ours) may still not be enough to stop the Israelis from using their nukes.
- Russia Ready to Vaporize the Jewish State, Part 2: Vladimir Putin hammers the final nail into Israel's coffin
- Dr. Elias Akleh: The Iranian Threat: The Bomb or the Euro?
Iran's determination in using the petroeuro ... [has] invited an aggressive American political campaign using the same excuses used against Iraq: WMD in the form of nuclear bomb, support to "terrorist" Lebanese Hezbollah organization, and threat to the peace process in the Middle East.
The question now is what would the American administration do? Would it invade Iran as it did Iraq? The American troops are knee-deep in the Iraqi swamp. ... America has resorted to instigate and encourage its military bastard, Israel, to strike Iranian nuclear reactors the way it did to Iraq [in June 1982]. Leaked reports had revealed that Israeli forces are training for such an attack expected to take place next June.
- War Summit — Bush, Sharon Meet To Plan Iran Attack
ThermoNuclear Armed Israeli Leader To Visit Bush at Ranch
Rattled CIA Types Now Sounding The Alarm About Israel
- Michel Chossudovsky: Planned US-Israeli Attack on Iran
The Bush Administration has embarked upon a military adventure which threatens the future of humanity. Iran is the next military target. The planned military operation, which is by no means limited to punitive strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities, is part of a project of World domination, a military roadmap, launched at the end of the Cold War. Military action against Iran would directly involve Israel's participation, which in turn is likely to trigger a broader war throughout the Middle East ... The use of nuclear weapons by Israel or the US cannot be excluded, particularly in view of the fact that tactical nuclear weapons have now been reclassified as a variant of the conventional bunker buster bombs and are authorized by the US Senate for use in conventional war theaters. ... In this regard, Israel and the US rather than Iran constitute a nuclear threat.
- UK helped Israel get nuclear bomb
- UK helped Israel get nuclear bomb. Was there an Israeli spy in MI5?
- Dov Zakheim
- Manfred Liebig: Why is Israel excluded from WMD-free zone?
- Chris McGreal: Brothers in arms — Israel's secret pact with Pretoria
- Malcom Lagauche: Nuclear Hypocrisy
Even mentioning Israel's stock of weapons is a no-no in polite western societies. The U.S. has destroyed Iraq under the pretense of it attempting to make a nuclear weapon and it is on the verge of creating the same calamity in Iran. Ask a question about Israel's nukes and the response is mute. In fact, most U.S. journalists won't even entertain the thought of asking such a question.
Of course, Israel needs missiles in order to carry out nuclear strikes (ignoring suitcase nukes which Mossad can smuggle into any country it wishes to). As noted above, Israel has Dolphin-class submarines (courtesy of Germany, which continues to grovel, as if its Nazi past ended just yesterday instead of over 60 years ago) which have nuclear-capable cruise missiles.
To lob nuclear warheads by means of ballistic missiles Israel can use its homegrown Shavit missile, which it has already used to put spy satellites into orbit. It's a bit unreliable though, which is why Israel is using an Indian launcher to put its latest spy satellite into orbit, presumably to provide information to help target its missiles.
Note that Israel is not the only country in the Middle East that Iran may have to defend itself against in any major war there. The Iraq quagmire may turn into a war between Sunni and Shia, with the Sunni side backed by Saudi Arabia, which itself is backed by the world's most dangerous nuclear power, the United States. If the Americans, or the Israelis, supplied the Saudis with nuclear weapons to be used in Iraq, the Iranians would of course like to have something of the same destructive power with which to reply.
- Gilad Atzmon: Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder — A Glimpse Into Israeli Collective Psychosis
Without knowing about Pre-TSD, Western leaders do grasp that Israel would not hesitate to initiate a nuclear war as much as it didn't hesitate to cover Lebanese cities with more than one million cluster bombs. A country that can destroy its neighbour and turn one-third of its citizens into homeless people just for 2 POWs is basically capable of anything.
- Luke Harding and Duncan Campbell: Israel PM Admits That Israel Has Nuclear Weapons
He [Ehud Olmert] told Germany's Sat.1 channel on Monday evening: "Iran, openly, explicitly and publicly, threatens to wipe Israel off the map. Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia?"
The Israelis are preparing to attack Iran using nuclear weapons. Totally insane, of course, but the Israelis are totally insane, so this is definitely possible. An Israeli nuclear attack on Iran, with all its consequences, could eventually lead to the deaths of many millions of people in the West.
- Iran asks UN to deal with Israel's nuclear arsenal
While Western countries' threats against Iran have deafened the ears of the world, the Security Council should explain what it has done about the Zionist regime's stockpile of nuclear weapons ...
- The Scotsman, 2007-01-06: Israel has plans for nuclear strike on Iran
Israel has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons ...
- The Sunday Times, 2007-01-07: Focus: Mission Iran
If things go according to plan, a pilot will first launch a conventional laser-guided bomb to blow a shaft down through the layers of hardened concrete. Other pilots will then be ready to drop low-yield one kiloton nuclear weapons into the hole.
- Walter C. Uhler, 2007-02-11: Israel's Bomb, Iran's Pursuit of the Bomb and US War Preparations (Part II)
- Glenn Greenwald: The true reason US fears Iranian nukes: they can deter US attacks
- Washington Times, 2009-10-02: Obama agrees to keep Israel's nukes secret
- More Evidence Mossad Killed JFK Over Israeli Nukes
- Michael Collins Piper: The Mossad Role in the JFK Assassination Conspiracy
- Motive: To Make Sure Israel Kept the Bomb?
- Julian Borger (The Guardian, 2014-01-16): The truth about Israel's secret nuclear arsenal
Israel refused to countenance visits by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), so in the early 1960s President Kennedy demanded they accept American inspectors. US physicists were dispatched to Dimona but were given the run-around from the start. Visits were never twice-yearly as had been agreed with Kennedy and were subject to repeated postponements. The US physicists sent to Dimona were not allowed to bring their own equipment or collect samples. The lead American inspector, Floyd Culler, an expert on plutonium extraction, noted in his reports that there were newly plastered and painted walls in one of the buildings. It turned out that before each American visit, the Israelis had built false walls around the row of lifts that descended six levels to the subterranean reprocessing plant.
But Kennedy was conveniently assassinated, and his successor, Lyndon Johnson, did not insist that Israel reveal the truth about its nuclear weapons program.
- Vladimir Platov (2015-04-17): Israel: submarines armed with nuclear weapons?
The delivery [by Germany] of Dolphin-class submarines to Israel (4 were already delivered and the country is preparing for the reception of the fifth and sixth in the near future) has always been a contentious issue for German politicians. ...
[The] commissioning of the modern Dolphin-class submarines, equipped with cruise missiles that can carry nuclear warheads, has significantly increased the strategic potential of the Jewish state and significantly expanded the operational capabilities of the Israeli Navy ... [and] the presence of such Israeli submarines potential in the Mediterranean Sea carries a significant risk for Western European countries ...
For these reason, the actions of the German Chancellor and the German government to deliver five Dolphin-class submarines to Israel without prior consultation with the EU, NATO and without taking into account the views of the international community have significantly altered the balance of power in the Middle East and in Europe. ... [These Israeli submarines] are however already covertly patrolling the Mediterranean Sea and are capable of causing “accidental” destructions not only in Southern European countries, but even in the UK.
Israel as a Terrorist State Zionism Serendipity Home Page