Report from DC 9/11 Hearings
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004
From: Les Jamieson email@example.com
Hello 9/11 Truth workers and friends,
For anyone who has seriously researched the events of 9/11, attending a Kean Commission hearing is a shocking experience that adds insult to injury in the strongest of terms. I have just attended the final hearings in Washington, DC which spent a paltry 1 1/2 days focused on the 9/11 plot and FAA/NORAD failure. A real investigation would have dedicated a week to these topics. Gen. Richard Myers was conveniently excused after 15 minutes or so to attend to other duties, so the acting Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on 9/11 only gave a brief appearance.
The main message boils down to this. The Commission's line of questioning draws out conclusions that all point to incompetence, being "disastrously unprepared", and "slow and confused in its response". The Commissioners expect Americans to believe that our multi-trillion dollar military/intelligence apparatus which possesses the most advanced technology ever known was breached by a guy who lives in caves in Afghanistan, needs dialysis, and masterminded a sophisticated plot with rag tag playboy Muslim fundamentalists, who in reality were amateur flunky pilots at best.
To illustrate how unreal this investigation was, here is a basic list of issues that were not addressed:
Day 1 The 9/11 Plot
- The alleged hijackers' names were not on the passenger manifests.
- One of the hijackers trained on a Navy base in California.
- The FBI went to the Florida flight schools within 24 hours of the attacks. How did they know where to go?
- We haven't seen airport surveillance video showing the hijackers.
- There are reports that several hijackers are alive. What explains this?
- Only one of the hijackers, Mohammed Atta, had any flight experience and the others were complete novices.
- It's completely implausible that Hani Hanjour could have flown Flight 77 into the Pentagon due to the difficulty of the maneuver.
- It would have been easier for the Pentagon to be attacked "head on" from the other side but instead was attacked at the recently renovated section which was sparsely populated.
- How could the alleged hijackers have been Muslim fundamentalists when they hung out in bars, did drugs, etc.? Why would OBL, a devout Muslim extremist, be in league with these infidels to the faith?
- The Pentagon's missile batteries designed to protect the nerve center of our ultra-sophisticated military establishment didn't respond whatsoever.
- The surveillance video of the Pentagon attack is missing and has never been shown to the public.
- There were war games named Vigilant Gaurdian, anti-terror drills including hijackings and errant planes crashing into government buildings. What are the specifics of these maneuvers?
- The evidence at the Pentagon comprised of missing pieces of the airliner, luggage, and body parts has not been reported on but has been blatantly missing from the whole investigation.
Day 2 FAA/NORAD
- There was no mention of the 67 times fighter jets were routinely scrambled in the year prior to 9/11 or the Paine Stewart plane intercept.
- There was no mention about the speed of the fighter jets once they did take to the air, because all indications are that they travelled less than 1/3 of their top speed.
- There was no explanation of why planes were scrambled from Langley Air Force Base to the Pentagon instead of from Andrews which is 12 miles away.
- There was no mention that the Pentagon has PAVE PAWS radar that tracks all flights in the US regardless of whether their transponders are on or off. This rebuts the claim that NORAD didn't know where the hijacked planes were.
- There was no mention of flight controllers comments that on radar the aircraft that struck the Pentagon looked like a military aircraft due to its trajectory.
- The June 2001 change in protocol caused all response to hijackings to be channelled through Donald Rumsfeld.
- Why were FAA tapes of flight controllers interviews so suspiciously destroyed? Who is responsible and what has been done about it?
- Why has no one been disciplined for the worst "failure" of national security in our history? Why were people in charge actually promoted?
For you timeline experts, there are now revisions to the official timeline of events to coincide with the story that the military and FAA are now using. This must be closely studied to point our discrepancies. I'm sure there are more missed issues but this is a quick list that immediately comes to mind. The bottom line is that Max Cleland was totally right, Americans are being scammed. We have been violated. The Commission which should be beholden to the American people has instead run damage control, diversion and concealment tactics on behalf of the Bush administration which was on high level stand down the morning of 9/11. This appears to be the real role of the Commission.
What To Do?
Our government must by law respond to its people. However, its people must convey that they see through the smokescreen and demand full disclosure and accountability. It all comes back to us. We must work to educate the public as well as educate and lobby our elected officials, putting them on notice that we will not accept this cover up.
Additionally, we must work to get the gag order removed from FBI whistleblower, Sibel Edmonds. Her interview on 60 Minutes will be re-aired soon, possibly this Sunday. This gag order is actually a threat to national security because her knowledge can assist authorities in thwarting potential future attacks. This gag order is in place to protect people within this administration who would be damaged goods if the truth gets out. They are being protected at our expense, folks.
We can demand nothing short of a truly independent investigation which will include family members and researchers. We can put our government on notice that we know they have concocted a ludicrous hoax. The ball is in our court. We can act now, or face the risk that the quest for truth will fade from public awareness.
The World Trade Center Demolition and the So-Called War on Terrorism Serendipity Home Page