The Gods of Eden
By Peter Meyer
The strangest animals on Earth are the humans (they are also the most dangerous). There are many examples of individual greatness yet collectively the value of the human species might seem debatable. While claiming to be rational they have long acted mainly upon the basis of uninformed emotion of the basest kind, and their collective actions have been so far from rational as to indicate some kind of mass insanity, especially in the last hundred years. War, genocide and conflict seem to have been a prominent part of the human condition since at least 4000 years ago when marauding armies sacked the cities of Mespotamia. How is this inhumanity throughout human history to be explained?
Here is some information and comment relating to the thesis put forward by William Bramley in The Gods of Eden that the basic cause of war, genocide and conflict in history is not a viciousness innate in the human species (or even in the male part of it) but rather is the less-than-benevolent interference in human affairs by extraterrestrials (members of a race which had its origin other than on Earth, the Anunnaki). These ETs allegedly assume, when it suits their purposes, the forms of angels. But far from being angelic, they regard humans as their property and the Earth as an exploitable resource (somewhat like multinational corporations — is there a connection?).
After the Declaration of Independence was signed, Virginia statesman John Page wrote to Thomas Jefferson: '... Do you not think an Angel rides in the Whirlwind and directs this Storm?' ... [Bush:] This work continues. This story goes on. And an angel still rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm. — George W. Bush, Inaugural Address, 2001-01-20 [These words probably put into Bush's mouth by his principal speech-writer, evangelical Christian Michael Gerson.]
Brief Descriptions"Attorney William Bramley ... spent seven years trying to understand the root causes of war before finally disclosing his startling conclusions in The Gods of Eden. Here, Bramley reveals that UFOs, or the 'gods' and other strange beings associated with UFOs, may have shaped human society from deepest antiquity. 'UFOs have been lurking in the shadows of history for centuries,' he says. 'Surprisingly, they may be a key to unravelling the human puzzle.' Readers of Zecharia Sitchin will find many familiar themes in Bramley's analysis." — ISCNI
"Bramley was not interested in UFOs when he started researching the origins of human warfare. However, his research eventually led him to what he shares in this book: evidence that alien visitors have conspired to dominate humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time." — Greenleaf Books
"The chilling truth about extraterrestrial infiltation, and the conspiracy to keep humankind in chains! As a result of seven years of intensive research, William Bramley has uncovered the sinister thread that links humanity's darkest events - from the wars of the ancient pharaohs to the assassination of JFK. In this remarkable, shocking and absolutely compelling work Bramley presents disturbing evidence of an alien presence on Earth - extraterrestrial visitors who have conspired to dominate humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time ... a conspiracy which continues to this very day." — Illuminet
"Described in Vankin's Conspiracies, Crimes & Cover-ups, 'Human beings seem to be a slave race breeding on an isolated planet.' Early secret societies devoted to freeing Terrans from the 'Custodians' have been turned to ET purposes." — Flatland Books
"Highly recommended different view of history. A must have for any conspiracy theorist, GODS OF EDEN makes a well-thought out argument for covert intervention throughout history by various groups and individuals. Even though some of the ideas and details presented may seem extraordinary, the extremely well researched book makes a solid case and could lead even disbelievers to question their own orthodox. Highly recommended." — Dustin.Huber@uc.edu from Cincinnati, OH
"The Secret Origins of Man and The Truth Behind it All: In our souls we know that we have not arisen from this earth. Gods and humans have been interacting throughout the centuries usually at man's expense. Now we can see the millennia-old farce of religion and life as we have come to know them, explained by William Bramley for what they really are, manipulative tools in the hands of 'higher' beings and their earthly servants. Will the human race finally admit to what it has known all along and are we evolved enough to handle the truth? For all our futures' sake let's hope so." — firstname.lastname@example.org
"Our bloodthirsty natures were designed by a technologically advanced group of extraterrestials to help keep us a slave race and not evolve to our full capacity. So contends Bramley, after spending seven years researching this fascinating read. In spite of all our intellectual achievements, our unending need for conflict from our wars to presidential assassinations, is the ultimate conspiracy to keep humanity bound in chains." — Laura Lee Books
See The Gods of Eden for a review and synopsis.
Although Bramley's book concerns UFOs, he says that he did not set out to write a book about UFOs but rather about the origins of war. He says:There are few subjects today as full of false information, deceit, and madness as "flying saucers." Many earnest people who attempt to study the subject are driven around in circles by a terrific amount of dishonesty from a small number of people who, for the sake of a fleeting moment of notoriety or with the deliberate intention to obfuscate, have clouded the field with false reports, untenable "explanations," and fraudulent evidence. Suffice it to say that behind this smokescreen there is ample evidence of extraterrestrial visitations to Earth. This is too bad. An in-depth study of the UFO phenomenon reveals that it does not offer a happy little romp through the titillating unknown. The UFO appears more and more to be one of the grimmest realities ever confronted by the human race. — The Gods of Eden, pp.8-9.
When pondering Bramley's thesis several basic questions arise:
- Are there indeed extraterrestrials who influence (or have influenced) events on Earth? If not we must fall back on conventional explanations of human history, which seem not to provide adequate explanation. Does the evidence of archaeology show that human history, indeed, only makes sense in the context of our creation by ETs?
- If there are such ETs, are they of one kind, two kinds or many kinds? Bramley does not suggest that more than one kind of ET may be involved, though if one kind why not more than one? Still, one is enough, though presumably the universe contains many forms of intelligent life.
- If there are two or more kinds, do they tend to cooperate among themselves or is there conflict among them? Zecharia Sitchin claims that there were rivalries and conflicts among the Anunnaki, which partly explains the origin of war on Earth.
- What is the relation between these ETs and the major and minor religions of the past and present? Bramley asserts that the major religions (with the possible exception of Buddhism), or what he calls the "custodial" religions, were in fact ET-founded (or at least were subverted by ET influence early on). Did the concept of the "God" of the Bible actually arise from early humans experience of "the gods" — those who came down in their "sky chariots"? Is it time to completely rethink the theological premises which have so greatly influenced European civilization?
- What is the relation between these ETs and the influential institutions of the modern world, such as national governments (in particular that of the U.S.A.), central banks (in particular the Federal Reserve Bank), and various organizations such as the United Nations, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organization? Are these institutions partly or wholly under ET influence? What are their real purposes?
- Assuming any or all of this to be true, what difference does it make whether we know about it or not, since most of us are not admitted to the back rooms at the Pentagon, to the secret chambers of the Vatican Library, or to the inner sanctums of the central bankers? (Cows and sheep, safely grazing for the moment, might ask: "What difference does it make whether we know what our two-legged controllers are really up to?" From the point of view of their human custodians, of course, it is preferable they know nothing, the better to exploit them as a source of food, labor, etc.) Is it time to look at the available evidence and take seriously the idea that we are a species created from primitive hominid stock by an advanced extra-terrestrial race? And to face up to the consequences of this realization?
Bramley points out that organized (a.k.a. institutional) religion was the creation of the Brotherhood. Its purpose is to restrict thinking, to make slaves of men and to act as a cause of war, the better to keep mankind in bondage to fear and material distress. To counter the aims of the Brotherhood do not succumb to the solaces of organized religion.
Boycott your churches. Snub your synagogues. Ignore your mosques. Until those preachers come out foursquare for peace and justice, refuse to accept their pitiful propaganda. ...
Besides, that's not God who resides in most houses of worship anyway. It's Moloch! It's Baal. It's Marduk. It's definitely Mammon. The Evil One, posing as your deity, teaching you how to pretend to be good rather than actually teaching you how to be good.
Tell your pastor you have a higher standard of morality than he is able to reach, as long as he keeps preaching that Old Testament bigotry and stays silent about America's mass murder of innocents for reasons that are provable lies. What kind of morality is silence about that? Ask him. Tell him. Stand up for what's right. ...
The only thing God really cares about is how you treat others.
— John Kaminski, Penalty of an Ancient Fraud
Examination of the way the modern world works suggests that for at least a century, probably longer, there has been a Conspiracy among those whose business is MONEY to control the world. The existence of such a Conspiracy is asserted by William Bramley in his book, although the existence of such a Conspiracy does not prove Bramley's thesis (simply provides confirming evidence). For more on this Conspiracy and its effects in today's world see:
Donald Cassidy: In Remembrance of the September 11th Dead! Information about the ruling elite may be found at
Another way in which MONEY enters the picture is that war, and preparations for war, are profitable for a small minority of people, namely, those who build weapons systems and those who lend money to finance this. Wars are destructive, and replacing things destroyed in war (other than people) is profitable for the people who make those things. These things are not always weapons. Whenever the U.S. bombs some country it partially or totally destroys much of the civilian infrastructure (as in Serbia in 1999 and in Iraq in 2003). U.S. companies then "win" contracts from the U.S. government to rebuild what was destroyed. Their inflated fees are ultimately paid for by U.S. taxpayers. It's a racket.
To make money it's not necessary to have actual wars; merely the threat may be sufficient. Ronald Reagan's Star Wars project of the 1980s was built on the alleged threat from Soviet missiles (which the Soviet Union built to deter a U.S. attack using previously-developed American missiles). Billions of dollars went from the pockets of U.S. taxpayers into the coffers of U.S. aerospace companies and into the bank accounts of their executives and employees. All wasted.
With the economic collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 (due to wasting billions on building weapons systems) the "Red Menace" disappeared. New enemies were needed to justify U.S. military budgets. "Arab terrorists" were elevated to the position of prime threat ("they hate our freedoms"), and in September 2001 George W. Bush declared a "war on terrorism". The U.S. military-industrial complex consequently benefited from a huge increase in military spending.
By 2003 a lot of people were beginning to realize that September 11th was a gigantic hoax designed to terrorize the American people into accepting this "war on terror" and the consequent American military expansion. Soon the lie of "Arab terrorists who hate our freedoms" will no longer be effective. New enemies will be required. It has been suggested that the next enemy will be "the ETs" (who presumably also "hate our freedoms"). According to Dr Carol Rosin, former corporate manager of Fairchild Industries, Wernher von Braun warned that a fictitous ET threat would be used to justify the building of space-based weapons systems. (More about this in The Coming 'ET Threat' Will Be A Lie.)
There are probably many varieties of extraterrestrials who have, and have long had, an interest in this planet and the evolution of life thereon. According to Sitchin and Bramley the interest of one or more varieties of ET has been in exploiting this planet's resources and using humans as cheap (or rather, free) labor. There are probably other varieties of ET who have a more beneficent attitude toward Earth. But it is not reasonable to suppose that ETs constitute a threat to Earth, unless it be in self-defense (now that humans have shown themselves willing to use atomic weapons). But in the minds of the weapons-builders a "threat" from alien life forms is just what they need to justify their continued development and deployment of space-based weapons systems (as usual, at the expense of spending on health, education, etc.).
To illustrate the way the various elements of the ET conspiracy story may be combined, we may contrast the position of Bramley (who suggests that the ETs have been working through a nefarious "Brotherhood" for thousands of years to the detriment of humans) with that of Hatonn, a self-declared "space brother" (just the type we've learned from Bramley to be suspicious of).
Hatonn allegedly is a Pleiadian who is studying our planet. We are fortunate in having a transcription of a discourse delivered by Hatonn, through a human channel, taped April 23, 1988. Hatonn, as he makes clear at the end, has pronounced Christian leanings (is in fact "in the service of Christ"). Therefore from Bramley's perspective we might be inclined to think that, whatever Hatonn says, his real purpose is to contribute to maintenance of ET custodial control over humans. Yet both Bramley and Hatonn seem to have similar views concerning paper money and fractional reserve banking (Bramley devotes a chapter in The Gods of Eden to "Funny Money") and the activities of the I.M.F., national governments, etc. Could Hatonn be a benevolent ET (if there are such)? Might one be mistaken in thinking that the Christian religion was an ET plot put into effect, with such great consequences, because the Chosen People proved inadequate to the fulfillment of the plans of Yahweh (Ishkur, or perhaps Enlil himself, in the Sumerian pantheon) for world domination? Clearly in this field of study all is not what it appears to be.
Until 1991 it was the case in the U.S. that "exposure" to ETs was punishable (no trial was necessary) by immediate incarceration (called "quarantine"), with no right of appeal. This incarceration could be maintained as long as the authorities deemed fit. And this despite the rights guaranteed to U.S. citizens under the Constitution. Read more in: Extra-terrestrial Exposure Law
In some quarters it is fashionable to pour scorn on those poor souls who believe in conspiracy theories. But it is those people who unthinkingly deny the existence of conspiracies who deserve our pity.
- Of Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
Simple empirical observation says conspiracy is a very common form of political behaviour. The mysterious thing is not that some poor deluded fools insist on seeing conspiracies, but how it is that, for so long, so many otherwise apparently intelligent people — most of Anglo-American political science, for example — have, until very recently, managed not to notice that conspiracy is an everyday and rather important part of the phenomena they purport to be studying.
Further relevant articles on this website:
- Neil Freer: A review of Alan Alford's Gods of the New Millennium
- Marcus LiBrizzi: The Anunnaki, the Vampire, and the Structure of Dissent
- Bill Ryan: The Disclosure Project
- Wade Frazier: Steven Greer's Odyssey
- Peter Jennings Defrauding: Inside the ABC News UFO Documentary Hoax
- Where do Dogs and Cats Come From?
- The Murder of Princess Diana
The following links are concerned with the work of Zecharia Sitchin.
- Zecharia Sitchin
- Interview with Zecharia Sitchin
- Rob Hafernik: Sitchin's Twelfth Planet — a skeptic's view
- Sumer, Part 1 and Part 2
- Zecharia Sitchin's ancient astronaut theories — a skeptical archive
- Tom Van Flandern: An Astronomer's Analysis of the Akkadian Seal
- SitchinIsWrong.com — Michael S. Heisser's examination of Sitchin's work
Pages on other websites:
- Conspiracy Theory Literature FAQ
- Wade Frazier: Investigating Possible Conspiracies and Cover-ups — JFK, The Moon Landings, etc.
- Gary Wean and the JFK Assassination
- Why Are There So Many Conspiracy Theories Today?
- The Dangers of Investigating Conspiracies and Cover-ups
- What about Those American Hostages in Iran?
- Is Anything Being Covered up about the Apollo Moon Landings?
- The Big Cover-up
- Dave McGowan: Wagging the Moondoggie
- Books by Neil Freer:
- Breaking the Godspell
- God Games
- See also:
- The Official Alan Alford Website
- Michael Cremo and Forbidden Archeology Etc.
- Terry Hansen: The Psychology of Dreamland What's the CIA got to do with UFOs?
- Interview with an Extraterrestrial
- David Icke's website
And as a result of the waves The Biggest Secret has caused, and the new information, experiences, and accounts the book and this website have attracted from all over the world, there is a growing understanding that this apparently bizarre, crazy, story is actually true. That the world may indeed be controlled by reptilian bloodlines that hide behind apparently human form and it is this understanding which pulls together all the apparently unconnected information on this site into a very much connected whole.
- The Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- Roswell 1947
- The ABOVE BLACK Website — Project Preserve Destiny:
Insider Account of Alien Contact and Government Cover-up
- The Origin of Sin and the Queen of Heaven
- W. Hamilton III: In Search of ... Ancient Aircraft
- Richard M. Dolan:
- Introduction to UFOs and the National Security State: An Unclassified History, Volume One: 1941 to 1973
- Government Lies and UFOs
- UFO Secrecy and the Death of the American Republic, Part Two
- John Lash: The ET Deception: Knowing Who the Gods Are, and Who Are Not Gods
- Enlightened Contact with ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence
- The Leading Edge — Scientific, Social and Planetary Paradigm Research
- The Chinese Pyramids — An Extraterrestrial Legacy
- John Lash: The ET Deception: Knowing Who the Gods Are, and Who Are Not Gods
- Henry Stevens: Hitler's Flying Saucers — A Guide to German Flying Discs of the Second World War
- William Blase: The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and The New World Order
- UFOs — short reviews of several books by the author of Namebase.
- Research Library — a rather interesting collection of annotated links.
- William Cooper: MajestyTwelve
- Steven Greer's The Disclosure Project
A copy of the Serendipity website is available on CD-ROM. Details here.
Serendipity Home Page